Start-Ups Germania Switzerland rebrands to Chair Airlines

Chair Airline is the successor to Germania Flug AG in Switzerland. Germania went bankrupt in February this year.

  • 53

Germania Flug has rebranded as Chair Airline and will therefore change its legal name effective July 1, 2019. A first Airbus A319 has been painted in a new livery, with the other two aircraft to be repainted in the near future.

Chair Airlines will be based in Zurich and 49.99% of the airline is being owned by the Polish carrier Enter Air. The other 50.01% is being owned by Schweizer Albex Aviation AG.

“We have used the challenging situation over the past few months to prepare our relaunch, and our new brand is now cutting a fresh figure in the world of Swiss aviation.”, comments Chair CCO and Supervisory Board member Urs A. Pelizzoni.

We had very clear reasons for choosing the name Chair. “Firstly, it represents the seat that you book on one of our flights. Secondly, with different colours used for the letters (red for ch and blue for air) in the new logo, the name also represents our Swiss heritage – but above all is a clever play on words”, explains Pelizzoni.

The rebranding and the change of name is part of an intensive transformation process that Germania Flug AG has been undergoing since 2019. The carrier itself sees this move more as a rebirth than just a rebranding. Chair now visually and legally has separated itself from its green-and-white past.

Chair stated, that the strategic position however will be unchanged. The carrier said, that especially tour operators have been the main customer group over the past years. Ultimately, the airline aims to using the new brand to further develop in the business while optimizing the utilization of operations.

In the Summer 2019 season, Chair Airlines will offer scheduled flights to popular Mediterranean destinations in Europe and North Africa, like Beirut, Heraklion, Kos, Larnaca, Palma de Mallorca, Sharm el Sheikh or Zadar. In partnership with Air Pristina, Chair Airlines will also fly to Skopje, Ohrid and Pristina.

Chair Airlines was initially founded back in 2014 with headquarters in Glattbrugg in Greater Zurich. The carrier operates with three Airbus A319s and currently flies to 24 destinations. The airline has around 150 employees. In 2020, the carrier expects to take delivery of three Airbus A320neos.

Source © chair.ch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more